Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I woke up from my long afternoon nap and climbed up lazily. It was almost six pm. I reached my phone in my locker and found a few miss calls and messages from friends and unknown. Buzz.... My phone rang again. It showed Mum's number. This wasn't the time she would call.
"Hello". Then I heard Dad's voice. "I don't know what is happening to mummy."
"Huh?" I replied. "I don't know..." He sounded a bit frantic which made me feel weak.
Wait... My brain starts to recollect every words he said and branched a few possibilities.
1. Did mum get an accident?
2. Is she in the hospital?
3. She went crazy?
4. You made mum upset?
Non of the possibilities relieve me. I waited again for Dad to continue. "I don't know. She...her legs went straight and.....". I "Huh" again but he still couldn't find the right words to put in phrase. "She is getting better now...nothing much actually. Don't worry." Then he hung up.
WHAT? DON'T WORRY? What the hell is this? Then why are you calling me if it wasn't something serious? I felt weaker than ever. A lone tear rolled down and followed by others as if to accompany the lone. WHAT IS HAPPENING? I NEED MORE DETAILS. I stood there for a moment. Then I decided to refresh myself before calling back again. After a quick bath, I called Dad. "She is getting better. She vomited everything and is okay now." I listened quietly on the other side while he continued. He explained how he found her in static when he came back from work and bla bla bla...took her to clinic, where the doctor said she is OKAY. It still doesn't make sense to me and he ended the conversation with "Don't worry."
That's all? I AM TERRIBLY WORRIED. I sat by the cupboard for a long time, crying.

No comments: