Monday, April 28, 2008

Bye...Mum & Dad

My dream finally comes true…

I have always envied my cousin, Zhi Hong, to able enter local Matriculation. Now, God realized my dream! I am the one of the 10% non-bumiputras who got selected for Matriculation!!! I am sooooo lucky…..

Nah…I don’t think so. I am also the most unlucky one to get a place as far as Perlis. God...From the south-est part to the north-est part of Malaysia! All alone…no relatives, no friends. After much consideration, this and that, Dad said “It’s a rare opportunity… Go for it.” Hence, the decision is made.

I will be leaving…on the twelfth May…er…should be eleventh…and now I still left about…two weeks time. This is my first time leaving home to such a far place. I will certainly, surely, definitely miss my parents a lot. Mum’s cooking, her super lame jokes, her nagging, complaining, questions, requests and all. Dad’s cold jokes, his ‘never want to listen’ nagging, over concerning and bla bla bla. Maybe I should be happy instead. After I gone, I won’t be able to hear them quarreling and shouting to each other, saving my tears for them. Haha?

Till this moment, I still couldn’t feel any reality about going Perlis. It doesn’t seem real at all. I can’t believe myself living with three other Malays (total strangers) in one room, waking up myself, no ready breakfast and importantly, no more nagging.

I find Mum behaving weirdly these days. Probably because couldn’t bear me to go Perlis. She has been continuously cracking lame jokes which are not funny at all. She said these,

“After you gone to Perlis, I can turn on the TV loudly, but I will fix the antenna first to able to watch Channel 8.”

“After you leave, I will sing karaoke everyday…loudly.”

“After you leave, no one will help me to pass the thread through needle hole.”

And I just answered her with....”Haha…Yea right, zzz.”

In fact, I do worry a lot about Mum. All these while, she has been relying on me for her daily life. Little things like reading those small numbers on cards, translating words, charging her phone, reloading, reading messages, taking out her specs while she is driving, checking out for signboards, reminding her not to speed on highways and lots more…

Ma…please take care when I am not by your side. I will do my best there…love you always…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ling~your mum seem don't bear you to leave.....haha...
must take care at there oh...

Nicole said...

Yeah, must be a good girl and do well hor.. And take care~ Will miss you loads.